Welcome to Cycling Psychology
As a cyclist or triahlete you know how it feels to one day go out feeling as if you are Lance Armstrong and the next day under the exact same conditions feel like a big donkey! Most athletes will tell you that performance is all in the mind but the really successful ones don’t just say it, they believe it and they do something about it. They use psychological training.
I have always been fascinated with what can be acheived with the right mental fitness and I am obsessed with endurance sports so I thought I would create a website to teach you some of the exercises and techniques I have used to help Olympic and World champions reach their full potential. I have developed this site to help you reach a whole new level of performance, so read the posts, do the exercises and let me know how you get on.
The FREE resources, exercises and techniques which will be posted are specifically for cyclists and triathletes. I will also be looking at how other sports stars prepare mentally for competition and showing you how you can adapt it for cycling and triathlon events.
This site aims to help you develop:
- Control over pre-competition anxiety
- Laser sharp concentration
- Unshakeable belief and confidence
- Supreme mental toughness
- Higher levels of motivation
With this site I am not going to just stick to the usual Sports Psychology techniques but will introduce you to the secrets of other mental training tools used by top professionals including Hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic-Programming (NLP). Come back regularly to see the new Mental Fitness Training exercises or better still sign up to the newsletter at the top of this page.
How to get the best out of this site:
1. Become a regular user of my tips and tricks I am going to be adding great FREE resources on the site including podcasts, reports and videos. Sign-up to my newsletter to get them delivered straight to your inbox.
2. Experience one of my seminars
- Webinars: Seminars set up online so you don’t even have to travel
- Live seminars: Set up a seminar for your club, organisation
3. Find out about one to one mental coaching
- Face to Face consultations - if you really want the ultimate in faster results
- Consultations available by phone or skype so you don’t have to leave your front room or office
All the tips and advice you will find here and the seminars and mental training programs are designed to help you get the very best out of your cycling, so enjoy the site and if you have any questions or would like to share some tips with others please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This video is the embodiment of mental toughness: Commitment, persistence, control, confidence, focus and pure belief that anything is possible!
“Perfect Preparation for Endurance Events” On this high quality one-hour audio program Alan provides you with an easy to follow step by step strategy designed to get you ready for any event, whether you are preparing for your first cycling sportive or another Ironman. This amazing audio program also contains an imagery track designed to help you get the best out of your performance.